Friday, April 11, 2008

K is for kindhearted

There are people in my world who are kindhearted. I feel seen by these people. I feel that I have been given a gift simply by being in their presence. I want to be more like them.

I was thinking about how some religions teach that human beings are a part of the great, whole, spinning circle that is our world, and that some religions teach that we humans are special, and separate from the rest of that which is the earth. Having been raised in a family and culture that practiced the latter, I began to wonder about what it would have been like to grow up practicing at-one-ment.

I think kindheartedness would be more natural to me. As it is I must learn this anew. And I want to: because it feels so good to get. Thank you my kindhearted friends.

No comments: