Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Hmmm ... Let's pass this on to:
And now some public secrets ...
1. I always wanted to be an artist and thought that this title was about the most wonderful and completely out of reach in the world. For me, anyway.
2. I have been sewing and cutting/pasting paper since I was old enough to hold the scissors (about 4 years old).
3. Thought #2. and all those years of practice and training had very little impact on Thought #1 for many decades.
4. I still feel a little odd about letting it be O.K. that I am who I most want to be.
5. I tried to stop. I thought that my work had to be elsewhere, but figured out that I couldn't. I now have two careers, and am making inroads to a third. Third Job. Third concurrent job.
6. What am I: nuts?
7. Whatever. I am a Mom: single parent of two homeschooled children. I am an artist-writer working on my fourth book. And the third is some kind of advocacy professional. Haven't worked out the deets yet. Good thing I'm a woman.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Laura is a great teacher, filled the 4 weeks with lots of information and really got me seeing all kinds of new options for my work. We were given lots of ways to view our livlihoods, and really asked to exercise and brainstorm our way through the possibilities with the company of others - worlwide. Very good.
Laura asked me for an interview at the end of class: read it here on her blog.
I would recommend her classes to any of you out there, not just artists.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
I hope that you have fun, and please do leave me a comment linking back to your blog with photos of your Newman-O's charm!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
I have art hung everywhere...And my computer: an important art tool. Recognise the wallpaper there? It is from my birthday party in June.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I have a little door prize for the first 25 visitors: an ATC, an ATC sized piece of that blue and green painted paper that I just showed to you, and a bit of ephemera from my studio. Just leave your mailing address at my email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Don't leave it here: not so private for you.) International address are O.K. I will amend this post when I have your 25 addresses.
Hi--- Thanks for all of the visitors and comments. The doorprizes are all done. I will send them out today, Monday, you should have them by the end of the week.
"See" you around...